We offer our students the opportunity to attend driver training as part of their personal and professional development.
Successful participants will receive the unit:
- Apply Safe Car Driving Behaviours TLIC3036A
CLET Driver Training Video
What is covered for Apply Safe Car Driving Behaviours TLIC3036A?
Half day: Driver trainers talk in the classroom about the theory and laws required by drivers at a higher level.
Full day: Practical driving exercises at Mt Cotton Driver Training Complex including:
- Exercise 1: Emergency brake and avoidance.
- Exercise 2: Elevated Driving Techniques (forward planning, limit point analysis, scanning, entry speeds and placements, early braking, brake / accelerator transition.)
- Exercise 3: Slow speed manoeuvre.
- Exercise 4: Higher level driving
PLUS - Urban Road-Craft Drive:
Participants will drive within suburban and city areas where instruction will focus on promoting the vehicle amongst traffic in a safe confident manner, complying with traffic legislation, dictating to traffic in a safe manner as opposed to being dictated to, plus:
- Driver assertiveness
- Following distances
- Stopping distances
- Driver anticipation
- Driving to the conditions
- Pro-active rather than re-active.
CLET Following Distance Video
Nationally Recognised Training:
All students attending this training will receive Apply Safe Car Driving Behaviours TLIC3036A - an approved driving course recognised by the Queensland Police Service. This Certificate is a mandatory entry requirement for 'P' plate drivers with 12 months driving experience.