Emergency Services Personnel

Upskilling and Gap Training Options

The emergency services incorporate a large range of personnel, government and private, and includes fire services and paramedics. Within these agencies there are an extensive range of different roles that are crucial to the overall operation of the organisation and the capacity to service the community.

Some of these roles are eligible for full RPL for the following qualifications:

  • PUA60120 Advanced Diploma of Public Safety (Emergency Management)
  • PUA50120 Diploma of Public Safety (Emergency Management)

Whilst many of the roles have considerable skills and knowledge for parts of these qualifications but may be missing key components that prevent full RPL. For example, your role may be operational in a fire service and you work in the emergency management context but have never had the chance to manage a recovery centre. This means you would be eligible for partial RPL.

CLET has partial RPL and a study pathway available for these qualifications for relevant emergency services personnel.

What is the next step?

If you are interested in this pathway simply complete the request for RPL form below and select one or both of these qualifications. You can also tick the box that indicates you are happy to consider partial RPL with a study option.

Follow the instructions on the form, including uploading your relevant evidence about your time in the emergency services. 

The CLET RPL team will then conduct an individual assessment based on your experience and provide a recommendation for study. You can then elect whether to proceed to the study program. There is no obligation.

Can I choose units to study?

Yes. Once the assessment has been done that provides you with any possible options for credit, you may elect to proceed to study as designed by CLET or you may design your own study pathway from the units credited and the units remaining for study. For example, you may have received credit for a unit but wish to study it anyway. The study pathway can be amended to reflect this.

Are there any other qualifications relevant to me that have this option?

Yes. The following qualifications are also relevant to experience in the emergency services and CLET has study options:

  • BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
  • BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management

If these are of interest, you can also select them on your RPL request form.

What if I do not want any RPL. Can I study the whole qualification?

Yes. Click the button below to view the complete list of courses with a full study option. 

Have any Questions?

Use this form and send us a message, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

OR call us: 1300 760 605

NOTE: For added security of your information, a security code will be sent to your mobile. When requested, enter this code and submit the form.