The CLET vision is driven by a focus on delivering quality education and training in Australia, to promote a culture of lifelong learning and innovation and to recognise the existing skills of Australia's workforce so all individuals can actively and willingly participate in the growth and development of Australia.
To provide a modern and flexible learning environment free from stressful due dates, and acknowledge the skills that have already been achieved and formalise them.
- To provide a cost effective, but high quality, innovative and flexible training and assessment experience for our students
- To provide a learning environment that is designed to promote the safety and wellbeing of our students
- To recognise existing skills and knowledge in Australia's workforce
- To generate knowledge and skills development at all levels
- To enhance eLearning and achieve outcomes in a technologically advanced world
- To develop learners intellectually and personally
- To prepare learners effectively for career and job outcomes
The College for Law, Education and Training (CLET) is a registered training organisation (RTO# 31254) and is Australian owned and operated. Previously known as the College for Law and Justice Administration, CLET has been offering services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector since February 2006.
CLET provides three specific services in the VET sector:
- Recognition of existing skills and knowledge via recognition of prior learning (RPL) to ensure that current workers have access to an assessment process that recognises their commitment to their current and former careers and helps to convert those skills to nationally recognised qualifications.
- Tailored workplace learning that combines recognition of existing skills for workers with new learning for upskilling in the workplace. CLET provides contextualised and adaptive learning opportunities for learners who are already in the workplace. This is available for individuals and workplace groups.
- Flexible online learning for individuals who are seeking a new career. Study can be done from home and without due dates, making CLET's online courses some of the most flexible available. This means any learner can fit the study around their busy lives and still work towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
Modern education in a technological world
CLET provides a modern and adaptive online learning environment that encourages learners to embrace technology and experience the convenience of studying from anywhere at anytime. All course materials are provided online and access to the online learning system is available 24/7 through all smart devices as well as the usual desktop computers. CLET trainers and assessors can be contacted directly through the online system at all times, and are timely in their responses. Learner support is a crucial activity for CLET staff.
The CLET team understands that taking on study in a busy world can be daunting and overwhelming, and they endeavour to make the experience enjoyable. A flexible delivery environment and easy access to resources is a key component of CLET's success in this sector.
Ready for today’s job market.
In this day and age, accessing information is easy and convenient, but accessing good learning is more challenging. CLET courses are all prepared in-house by well-qualified trainers, assessors, and instructional designers and they are built specifically around the needs of learner groups. Learners studying with CLET can be confident that they are being provided with information relevant to the workplace, and that the assessment tools and techniques are relevant to developing and testing their skills and knowledge. This ensures the learners will benefit when in the workplace.
Career outcomes are the focus of vocational level qualifications and CLET strives to ensure that there is a constant link between the qualification being studied and the industry that demands it. This means that learners are ready and confident to face new work endeavours when their qualification is completed.
Knowledge, skills, and real life experience.
CLET sets high levels of expectations for its learners to make sure that they are the best prepared they can be when navigating the workplace. As such, CLET makes the same demands of its training and assessment staff. The CLET team is well educated, both at vocational and higher education levels, with extensive life and industry experience relevant to the qualifications held by CLET. This means that learners have access to highly skilled trainers and assessors who can guide them through the learning process as well as keep them focussed on industry needs and outcomes. Everybody is working toward the same outcomes.
CLET's dedication to service delivery for learners is second to none, and supports CLET’s desire to be recognised for excellence in learning, innovation and adaptability, and industry knowledge.
CLET has specialist experience in the recognition of prior learning (RPL) and training and assessment for the following industry groups:
- Emergency Services - Fire and Paramedic
- Local, State and Federal Government
CLET has streamlined assessment processes that support the transition of members of these groups from their service organisation to alternative workplaces of their choosing. This is done through the RPL process to match existing skills and knowledge from the workplace to nationally recognised qualifications that helps new employers understand the work experience.
The CLET team is passionate about its services in this space, and works tirelessly to make sure adequate support and service is provided to former members of these organisations.
CLET has highly qualified and experienced team members who regularly and actively consult to industry on areas that support the development of their workplace members. This is to encourage the recognition of existing skills in the workplace and to ensure that employers can utilise and develop their staff as effectively as possible. The CLET consultants are hand-picked from the best of the CLET team and adopt a facilitative learning approach to ensure that workplaces learn how to develop their staff in the most effective manner, and can do so into the future.